Have you ever wondered if there was a better way to soothe your dry, irritated hands than just lotion? Even the best lotion at times can take too long to work. This quick fix provides INSTANT relief from dry hands that are long-lasting. Perfect for a spa night at home with friends or by yourself!
1. Start by grabbing a pair of non-powdered disposable gloves. You can buy them here or at your local mass merchandiser. Remember to recycle the gloves when you are done! Most neighborhoods have a recycled-items only trashcan that is provided to each house. You won’t get any money for this type of recycling but you and your family will make a huge impact on the environment in a wonderfully positive way. You’ll feel great about yourself and the earth will thank you!
2. Then, grab some pure almond oil. In the video, I used Nature’s Truth Pure Almond oil that I bought at Walgreens. You can also purchase the same product here. For the almond oil, I would suggest about 1 to at the most 2 tablespoons of. Almond oil provides instant moisture, nourishment, and protection to the skin. It can also be used to clean out dirt from deep within your skin’s pores and hair follicles. This oil has a high content of vitamin A and has also been known to clear current acne and to keep away future acne when used on the face (the entire recipe can also be used on your face, with about 1 tbsp almond oil and 2 drops frankincense. Just beware of contact with eyes or mouth) It’s unscented so you don’t have to worry about any unpleasant scent or possible skin irritation.
3. Get some frankincense essential oil. Make sure it is pure therapeutic grade and safe to use topically. You can purchase the one I used here.
Add about two drops of oil per glove (you can add more or less for personal preference). Frankincense fixes imperfections in the skin while soothing any dry patches. The scent of frankincense often induces feelings of peace and blissfulness and has been known throughout millennia as an ingredient in everything from perfume to topical salves. It has special notoriety in the New Testament, as it was brought as a gift to the infant Jesus. It has long been used as incense for religious purposes in places such as ancient Babylon and ancient Egypt. Frankincense is known to reduce the appearance of blemishes, and since our hands are often the first part of our bodies to show signs of aging, this remedy is perfect for anyone looking for smooth, young looking hands.
4. Massage hands thoroughly until oils are evenly distributed. If you like you can keep massaging throughout the treatment to ensure full absorption into the hands. Leave gloves on 10-15 minutes and then rub hands together to absorb any excess.
5. Repeat the process every 3 days or as often as you would like. You can also replace the frankincense for your choice of essential oil as you see fit for your current skin condition. Some great choices with similar benefits would be rose and lavender. Rose is known for its anti-aging properties while lavender is known for its soothing properties.
Remember that all of these products can be recycled. Recycle the gloves after use and remember to recycle the essential oil bottle and the almond oil bottle once they’ve been emptied! Your earth will thank you and you can go on knowing you’ve helped make a positive impact in your environment and community. This can also help create a positive new habit where you recycle more than just cans and bottles. Essential oils and carrier oils such as almond oil truly are the medicine of our past and future and a path to a more conscious lifestyle!
*This article has also appeared on blush.media*