Ever wondered how to stop all that hair from falling out?
A simple at-home hair mist with essential oils that are key to hair growth and restoration is the answer! This mist has no carrier oil and therefore is safe to use on dry hair without creating an oily effect. Use every day before brushing your hair and notice an immediate difference in texture and experience the uplifting scent of lemongrass, lavender, and rosemary.
- The first thing you’ll need is some rose water. You can learn how to make some here.
Fill an empty spray bottle (about 20ml) with the rose water. Fill to the top leaving about 3cm of space.
- Next, you’ll need 3 Essential Oils
Place about 5-7 drops of Lemongrass essential oil into your rosewater first. This is the key ingredient that will prevent your hair from falling out. Lemongrass goes straight to your hair’s follicles and restores them, almost gluing them to your scalp. I kid you not I’ve only had about 2 hairs fall out each time I shower since using this remedy.
We won’t be using a base oil in this recipe so that the spray can be applied before and after taking a shower for maximum results without making our hair super oily.
Then place about 2-4 drops of rosemary essential oil in your spray bottle. Rosemary is used mainly for growing hair. There are tons of articles online raving about the results from using rosemary for hair growth! It’s also believed to stop dandruff in its tracks AND prevent hair loss. This is why I decided to combine Rosemary with Lemongrass while testing this mixture. I absolutely LOVE the smell of all these oils and rose water mixed together.
Lastly, put 2-3 drops of Lavender oil in your spray bottle. Lavender, besides preventing stress (a major cause of hair loss), soothes the scalp and amps up blood circulation, promoting hair growth!
- Screw the cap on your spray bottle (you can get them at any local dollar store or craft store and on amazon.com) and shake the mixture thoroughly.
- Hold the spray bottle about 1 foot away from your hair and spritz, covering every follicle. Start with the scalp and then spray down to the ends. This should leave your hair slightly moist. So don’t spray too much, just make sure you get at least one spritz on each section of hair, ensuring even distribution.
- Do not brush your hair afterward, rather lightly comb it with your fingers.
You can apply twice a day, morning and night on wet or dry hair. I’ve also used it for a quick softening effect on dull hair.
You will definitely notice a difference within the first few days, especially if you suffer from hair loss like I do! This has been a lifesaver for me. Plus, it’s always fun to learn more about essential oils and natural remedies, and to work with nature! The way God intended us to [Genesis 2:15]. Have a blessed day And thank you for reading!